What is vehicle ride quality?
- Ride quality is concerned with the sensation or feel of the passenger in the environment of moving vehicle.
- Ride comfort problems arise from vehicle body vibration due to surface irregularities, aerodynamic forces, drive line, tire wheel assembly, imbalances…etc.
- Excitations of aerodynamics and driveline acts directly to the body through mounts.
- Excitation due to roads surface and mass imbalances and stiffness variation of tire-wheel assembly are transmitted to the vehicle body through suspension.
- Driving comfort results from keeping the physiological stress that the vehicle occupants are subjected to by vibrations, noise, and climatic conditions down to as low a level as possible.
- The acceleration of the body is an obvious quantity for the motion and vibration of the car body and can be used for determining a quantitative value for driving comfort.